Creamy Salmon Pasta with Lemon
About this Salmon Pasta
Quick, easy, and utterly rewarding, my recipe for creamy salmon pasta with lemon is one that you can make for a special dinner or any night you crave fresh fish after a busy day. Just a few ingredients and only one pot makes this a simple dinner.
I save time by using fresh pasta from the refrigerated section, though if you only have the dry kind of pasta, you’ll need to pre-cook it first.
Don’t forget to check out my salmon in cream sauce from the oven recipe if you’d prefer another way to prepare your salmon, though if you want to save time on cooking and cleaning up, this creamy salmon pasta is a win for any night of the week!
Ingredients for this Creamy Salmon Pasta with Lemon
The ingredients you’ll need for this are incredibly simple and easy to find.
Salmon: Fresh is best, though frozen salmon filets will also work.
Garlic: Use your garlic press to mince it fresh.
Cream: To make the sauce indulgent, light cream is best, however, you can also use half-and-half if you prefer.
Lemon Juice: Just a little squeeze fresh from the lemon is the perfect addition.
Pasta: The fresh pasta from your grocery store’s refrigerated section works best since you don’t have to pre-cook it, though dry pasta can also be used.
Dill: Preferably fresh, chopped dill has a wonderful way of bringing out the best in salmon.
How To Make this Recipe
Now we can get cooking with creamy salmon pasta with lemon! In just a few easy steps and with 15 minutes from start to finish, there’s no excuse not to make an incredible dinner tonight. You deserve it!
Before you begin, make sure you thaw out your salmon first if it’s frozen. You can skip this step if it is fresh. You’ll mince the garlic and chop the dill. Prep your lemon too by cutting it in half.
As for the salmon, you’ll dice it into evenly-sized pieces and saute it in oil over high heat until it’s crispy. Then add the garlic, sauteing briefly.
Squeeze some lemon juice onto the salmon and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Then add the cream, allowing it to simmer for one minute.
You’ll add the fresh pasta into the same pan, then cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. If your pasta is dry, you should cook it first before adding it into the pan.
After that, you’ll season with dill. You can also add a little more salt and pepper if you desire, then serve hot.
Creamy Salmon Pasta with Lemon
- 2 (0.5 lb / 250 g) salmon filets, fresh or frozen
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) light cream or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, either canola or olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, fresh or frozen
- 9 oz (250 g) fresh pasta from the refrigerated section - or alternatively 8 oz regular uncooked pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If using frozen salmon, allow it to thaw first.
- Mince the garlic and chop the dill. Cut the lemon in half.
- Dice your salmon into even-sized cubes and saute it in oil over high heat until crispy.
- Add the garlic and sauté briefly, then drizzle the salmon with a little lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the cream, letting it simmer for one minute, and mix in the fresh pasta directly. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, cook your regular dry pasta as directed and mix it in after it is cooked.
- Season with dill as well as additional salt and pepper to taste.